Sunday, November 7, 2010

Church Day

As we left church today, I joked with a teammate about it being hard to find a bible church with strong preaching in the States, so I should probably move to Tanzania and go to this one. It was a joy to open up the word with this Australian preacher and the body of Christ meeting at “I-Serv” the international service of Hope Christian School. The word from Matthew 7:1-12 reminded me that we are all “works in progress.” I’ve been struggling with bitterness about one of my relationships that I felt very heavily persecuted in for righteousness sake. I took the hard steps toward restoration to preserve the witness of the body of Christ, but have seen the opposite of justice result. Today’s scriptures (John 7:24, Ro 14:10-13, Heb 4:15-16, Gal 6:1-5), remind me that God’s goal for us is not justice, but restoration. As I desire to be on mission with Him, I need to make restoration to relationship with God my goal for my relationships as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment